WAEC GCE Registration Pin
Buy 2020 January/February WAEC GCE Form Online
West African Examination Council (WAEC), the body in charge of organizing entrance examinations into higher institutions across West Africa organizes GCE for private candidates.
General Certificate Examination (GCE) is the examination organized for candidates not required to register under any school. GCE is mostly a second chance for candidates to correct deficiencies in their results.
Due to the fact that registrations are not done through a school, registrations are done through biometrics and the recent development from WAEC is the introduction of the WAEC GCE PIN, which will be used to register for the GCE.
What is the WAEC GCE PIN?
The WAEC GCE PIN is the Personal Identification Number used to access the WAEC registration portal to register for the examination. The PIN can only be used by one candidate.
Where can I buy the WAEC GCE PIN?
You can buy the PIN from banks in Nigeria/licensed vendors or get it from making payment Triplegltdd1. The WAEC GCE PIN is sold for N13,950 but you will be required to pay a commission of N500.
The banks where you can get the PIN include; Guaranty Trust Bank, First Bank of Nigeria, Union Bank of Nigeria, Access Bank, Zenith Bank, Ecobank, United Bank for Africa, Polaris Bank, Fidelity Bank, Stanbic IBTC Bank, WEMA Bank, First City Monument Bank, Sterling Bank, Heritage Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, and Unity Bank.
If you, however, want to purchase the PIN , follow the steps below;
- Go to the website or download the app on your phone
- You will be directed to a page with a form to fill.
- Enter the amount
- Select the currency. If you are in Nigeria, you are likely to be paying with the Naira, so select “NGN Nigerian Naira.”
- Enter your name and phone number.
- Put in your email address in the space provided and confirm the email by entering the same email address.
- Select your preferred payment option, whether through a bank branch (which will require you to go to a bank) or online (which is basically online banking).
- Crosscheck your entries and click “submit” once you are satisfied with your entries.
- Once payment is confirmed, the PIN, as well as the Remita receipt, will be sent to the email address provided.
You can then proceed to register with the PIN provided.
How to register using the WAEC GCE PIN?
Registration has been made easy in recent years and you can register yourself with your devices and internet service or go to a WAEC accredited centre.
If you want to do it yourself, visit the WAEC registration website. There is a page of instructions to properly explain the process to you. It is recommended that you read the instructions before proceeding, especially if that is your first time registering.
You will be required to enter your personal information and upload your fingerprint and passport photograph for your registration.
Once you are done registering, print the Photo Card, which will serve as your identification during the examination.
It is important to note that candidates are expected to conclude registration within two weeks of first access to the registration portal.